Starting at $18.50/hour – Overtime Available
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
MIDWEST has been around for almost 40 years in the environmental business. The company is currently seeking three outstanding individuals to join our fast-paced company. Someone who is interested in helping the environment in the industrial waste management field and to grow with us.
If you have a positive attitude, are customer focused and have the willingness to challenge yourself, then we want you to grow with our team!
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Perform high pressure water blasting and vacuuming within open spaces and/or permit confined spaces
- Responsible for recognizing and properly wearing all standard and assigned personal protective equipment (PPE) that includes, locks, metatarsal boots, hard hats, safety glasses and ear plugs, pants and long sleeve shirts, while on the job site.
- When working with any potential hazardous energy source, the employee must use the L.O.T.O (Lock out- Tag out) with their individual key.
- Clean up and disposed of all debris in the proper containers and ensure that all equipment and materials have been returned to the supply trailer before leaving a project
- Restock any supplies used during the day
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks while at the facility
- Must be able to work irregular schedules, long hours including weekends and holidays, with the availability to report to work at all times on a short notice.
- Operates light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to; pumps, vacuum equipment and generators and fork trucks.
- Performs emergency response activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, tank cleanings, equipment decontamination, etc.
- Responsible for quick and immediate response when called back to work
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 7 paid holidays
- $500 Sign-on bonus
Midwest Environmental Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To ensure a safe environment, we conduct pre-employment drug screening and background checks.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Work Location: In person