possible to make 65K your first year!
Recycling * Waste Disposal * Emergency Response *Used Oil Recycling * Industrial Cleaning * Wastewater Disposal Services
Do you have a Class-A CDL with Hazmat & Tanker endorsements? Are you willing to work overtime hours? Do you have a positive outlook and excellent communication skills? If so, we want to hear from YOU!
For over 25 years, Midwest Environmental Services, Inc. has experienced success and growth offering industrial waste management solutions. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
MIDWEST is seeking an experienced career-minded Commercial Driver to be part of a close, efficient team that transports industrial waste within the Midwest region. This position also supports operations in industrial cleaning and emergency spill response.
We are looking for someone with a Class A CDL willing to handle freight. A positive attitude and willingness to grow and build relationships with team members and customers is expected.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Ability to contribute to a team approach by being versatile, flexible, and having a positive outlook in your interactions with co-workers and customers – can effectively multi-task
- Willing to work irregular schedules, long hours including weekends and holidays with the availability to report to work on a short notice
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with Class-A CDL and HAZMAT & Tanker endorsements
- If you do not have HAZMAT & Tanker endorsements- you must get your tanker endorsement right away and your HAZMAT endorsement within 60 days of employment.
- Forklift Driving Certification (offered on the job, if necessary)
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift, order picker, pallet jack and other equipment as required
- Ability to repetitively bend and lift boxes/totes and bags up to 50 pounds
- Present a professional image to our customer through personal appearance and overall cleanliness
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Safe operation of company truck
- Respond to inquiries in a timely, accurate, and appropriate manner
- Maintain clean equipment
- Maintain mileage and fuel logs on all vehicles
- Perform vehicle safety inspections
- Meet and complete all regulatory safety requirements
- Attend safety training sessions and meetings when necessary
- All other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage $22.00 -23.00 (potential to earn over $65k your first year)
- Comprehensive employee benefits
- 40 Hours vacation after 90 days
- Medical, Vision, Dental & life
- 401k & ROTH
MIDWEST is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Named 2018 Business of the Year
MIDWEST provides transportation and disposal of hazardous and nonhazardous waste, as well as industrial cleaning services, recycling, wastewater disposal, used oil recycling and emergency spill response. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we operate in Indiana and Ohio and employ over 50 people.
MIDWEST is Family
We have enjoyed over twenty-six years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
We invest heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits. And we foster a supportive, family work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
Trucking home time:
- Home daily
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Louisville, KY 40211: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- CDL A (Preferred)
Work Location: In person